TSI's original goal is still relevant today. TSI sets out to:
- draw attention to the legal framework conditions for securitisations and related forms of structured finance finance instruments and to propose improvements;
- persuade political opinion of the importance of securitisation and structured finance finance for Germany's economic development;
- provide the market with an infrastructure for covered finance with German SPVs (special purpose vehicles);
- develop quality standards and to implement them by means of a certification process;
- equip the German securitisation and asset based finance industry with a common platform for exchanges of views and experience on relevant topics;
- enhance the visibility and understanding of securitisation topics and related structured finance instruments through the annual TSI Congress, conferences, specialist seminars, workshops and special training courses for relevant target groups.